Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pre-departure Cleanse

What better way to ready yourself for moving out of the country than a garage sale? To display all the stuff you don't need now and didn't need in the first place but bought anyway is three parts emancipation and one part degradation.

Exhibit A: Gently used tikki man. This used to frighten my older sister, but, darn it, it sure makes a great conversation piece.

 


















Exhibit B:  The Dollar Table. Is that a native american flute I see? Yup! Am I really reselling this for $1? Yes. Sounds suspiciously familiar. There are also mugs, green plastic glasses, a reindeer oven mitt, a cracked vase, ice cube trays, and a used candle.
















Excibit C: The Recliner. I can assure you that I acquired this delicate piece of furniture from a trusty source. Still, I wouldn't advise a black light once-over. Just buy it and trust that it has been used for it's intended purpose.





















Overall, the dollars earned were well worth the shame and mortification. Now I can begin thinking about leaving the country in 3 days. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment