Sunday, October 9, 2011

Adventure Ensues

Bienvenido a Tegus!

All in all, the traveling went smoothly today. I arrived in Honduras safe and sound around 12:30p Honduran time.

Highlights include:

- Sue, my dear mum, crying as we said goodbye at the airport.
- Looking like a tool as I attempted to appear as though I knew how to go through security.
- Security paging me over the loud speaker because I left my camera in one of those plastic bins.
- Isauro, my new friend, venturing from first class to the coach section of the plane to give me his piece of chocolate cake.
- Flying over the Gulf, staring through cotton-ball clouds to bright green water below.
- The city of Tegus suddenly appearing as the plane flew over a mountain. (Sorta like this photo, which I did not take myself).



Here are some pics of Paula's place of residence where I will be staying. Honduran houses are much more open. We even have a little courtyard that is completely open to the elements.


The view from our porch:


































Another view.


































Kitchen.


































Cool window sink design.























Que te vayas bien!

Julie



1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS I WANT TO JUMP ON A PLANE AND JOIN YOU RIGHT NOW!!! <3

    ReplyDelete