Thursday, October 13, 2011

Big Birds

While on a break today at school, I decided to take a walk around the campus. Somehow a ginormous cage with tropical birds appeared before me. The International School Tegucigalpa keeps gargantuan scarlet macaws as pets. Apparently, if you say "hello" or "hola" they'll reply, but only if they are hungry. 


When I first beheld the giant birds, I got really excited and scaled a bench get a closer look. As I approached, one of the scarlet macaws (let's call him Gary) squawked so loud I almost pooped the only nice pants I brought with me. It really offended me so I decided to reach out to him: 


Dear Gary, 

You are spending time with your friends. I get it. 


You live in a cage which causes you to lash out and overeat. 

  





































But I'm new to Honduras. As an ambassador for the school, your job is to make me feel welcome. I don't need another pants incident, Gary. 




























I see what you did there, Gary. And I don't appreciate it. I look forward to your reply.

XOXOXO

Miss Julie

2 comments: